Code.org wins FIVE Best of STEM 2023 Awards
Chosen by teachers and educators, the awards honor innovations that are changing STEM education.
Last week, the Teich Group and Catapult X announced the winners of the Educators Pick Best of STEM® 2023 Awards, the only awards program judged by STEM educators — and Code.org is the proud winner of FIVE categories!
- Best Integration of Language Arts (STEAM): Code.org’s CS Connections — Coding with Poetry module
- Trailblazer: Early Learning (Pre-K-6): Code.org’s CS Connections Curricula
- Best of STEM for Environmental Science: Code.org’s CS Connections — Simulating a Marine Ecosystem
- Best Resources for Culturally Relevant Teaching: Code.org Culturally Responsive 6–12 Curriculum
- Bridging the Gap: English Language Learners: Code.org
The awards program, operated in partnership with the National Science Teaching Association (NSTA) and MCH Strategic Data —and for the first time this year with the National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT) —spotlights innovative products, technologies, and services that are changing the world of STEM education.
These STEM products were subject to a two-part evaluation process. First, products were evaluated by an expert panel of judges. Once judges selected the finalists, more than 267,000 STEM educators were given the opportunity to evaluate the finalists via survey.
Our entire organization, especially the dedicated staff behind these products, is honored to receive these awards. Code.org is passionate about providing new and creative ways for students and teachers to engage with computer science and we’re thrilled that these products are doing just that.
— The Code.org team
Code.org is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to every student having the opportunity to learn computer science as part of their core K-12 education. We are publicly funded by people like you. If you would like to join our commitment to computer science education by making a donation today, please click here. For questions, please contact Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 593–5521. Thank you.